SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives. SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives. The development center of SAP in Bulgaria is technology-focused and plays key role in the defining and developing of the SAP Cloud Platform. With its more than 1060 professionals, SAP Labs Bulgaria also has strong contributions towards life-cycle management, user interface & user experience across the broader portfolio of SAP products. For its 21-year history, the company has established itself as a preferred employer in the IT sector in Bulgaria.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Sustainability lies at the heart of SAP’s vision. It covers renewable fuel sources, reducing carbon emissions, protecting environments, and keeping the delicate ecosystems of our planet in balance while driving innovation and not compromising our way of life. Circular Economy is a way to design, make, and use resources within planetary boundaries by shifting to a system that designs out waste and pollution. Circular Economy keeps the value of products and materials as long as possible and regenerates natural systems. Within Circular Economy, products are designed to become resources for the future, bringing major economic benefits.
As a market leader in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), SAP is heading to become the visionary leader in this segment, beginning with Extended Producer Responsibility and expanding to deliver a full-stack Circular Economy cloud business solution. Following Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) regulations, a new application, part of Responsible Design & Production solution within Circular Economy, aims to calculate the EPR fees that producers are liable to pay on any given market and help them make sustainable design choices. To meet our customers’ requirements, we are looking for a talented Product Owner. The team in Sofia is a strong contributor to the development of the SAP Sustainability business portfolio. We value professional skills as much as teamwork, trust, collaboration and creativity.
If you are a Senior Developer who
- possesses a creative mindset
- has excellence skills with object-oriented programming
- is enthusiastic to develop cloud based business solutions using SAP Cloud Platform (SCP)
- follows Agile Software Engineering practices
- is inspired by cloud technologies
then this is the right job for you!
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Work in a cross-functional team of talented and motivated colleagues, following agile methodologies and the industry’s best practices
- Develop architectural solutions, following the business requirements and SAP Standards
- Ensure architectural integrity of software solutions
- Collaborate with Scrum team developers to present and ensure profound understanding of designed architecture
- Support the team with various software development tasks focusing on high quality and Agile Software Engineering (ASE) Practices
- Mentor, encourage, and motivate Scrum team
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in Computer Science
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming
- Strong experience with RDBMS and SQL
- Experience with data structures and algorithms
- Problem-solving, analytical and architectural skills
- Extensive understanding of architectural styles and design patters
- Ability to work without close supervision over complex tasks and innovative projects
- Creative thinking, willingness and ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies
- Excellent team player, with strong communication skills, passionate about his/her work, self-motivated and driven
- Curiosity for quickly learning new technologies, concepts and tools
- Fluency in English
At least 3+ years of relevant experience.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team