SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The development center of SAP in Bulgaria is technology-focused and plays key role in the defining and developing of the SAP Cloud Platform. With its more than 1060 professionals, SAP Labs Bulgaria also has strong contributions towards life-cycle management, user interface & user experience across the broader portfolio of SAP products. For its 21-year history, the company has established itself as a preferred employer in the IT sector in Bulgaria.
OBJECTIVES & PURPOSE
The Domain database team is focused on the development of the PaaS layer of the SAP Cloud Platform. The team is responsible for the development of the DomainDB service which lays as foundation for the all services from which consist the Neo development environment .
The purpose DomainDB service is to store configuration for deployed applications and services in a highly available database and exposes them via REST APIs for runtime and design-time related purposes. Typically, the other platform services write/reads configuration data and starting or running applications access this data. Our mission is to assure a robust Java Platform as a Service infrastructure, spanning worldwide across multiple data center regions.
Basically, you will be joining a team of the brave ones who are taking care for the magic, which enables the SAP Java application to be running in the Cloud 🙂
Here are some of the major technologies and practices our team masters:
- Top Java skill
- Managing Relational databases with ORM
- Testing frameworks like jUnit and Arquillian
- Tools like Git, Maven and Jenkins
- Linux and shell scripting
- We strive to write clean code and follow S.O.L.I.D. design principles
- We apply the world’s best agile software project management and agile programming practices such as pair programming and test-driven development
If you are interested in Java, Cloud Development and Open Source technologies you will find a highly innovative and professional environment for your learning and growth in a friendly team setup.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Design, prototype and develop of robust, resilient, scalable and easily maintainable cloud deployment platform infrastructure
- Create corresponding automated unit and integration tests for the new functionality which we develop
- Proactively identify potential improvements, driving for their implementation
- Understand and keep abreast with industry trends and emerging technologies across all infrastructure foundations (server, storage, network, data, and applications) in order to recommend improvements and enhancements to platform core capabilities
- Adopt and support Open Source Software as much as possible
- Be integral part of friendly team culture, which encourages openness and sharing
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Informatics or equivalent
- Proven software development experience
- Object Oriented Programming & Design
- Data structures & algorithms
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn and explore new concepts and technologies
- Excellent team player with effective communication skills, passionate about his/her work and self-motivated
- Working level of English
We are seeking an experience Java developer with pronounced interests in the relation database design and development.
- 3+ years of professional experience with the Java language
- Experience with relational databases
- Database design, understanding entity relationship model
- Experience in database administration, operations and support
- Experience with Unit tests writing
- Design and implementation of REST APIs
- Design, development and troubleshooting of cloud-based software
- Understanding of cloud terminology terms
- Have some knowledge of networking, virtualization, operating system knowledge (Linux) and security
If you are reading so far, don’t be shy and apply 🙂
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team