This is a complex and senior role providing purchasing support to stakeholders in the respective market. Working as part of a squad, the Procurement buyer will be involved in negotiating and contracting with selected vendors, consulting our clients and providing guidance on complex and sensitive commercial deals. In addition the Procurement professional can acquire and extend category knowledge and take responsibilities in the chapters. More specific details of the tasks are provided below.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesYou will contribute to the team’s continued success by building sourcing analysis that enables IBM to optimize its buying power across all markets, negotiate terms and conditions, building insight for negotiations and market knowledge and conducting industry analysis to support business stakeholders with commercial understanding of the market place within a highly progressive and fast paced environment.
Responsibilities of the Sourcing Buyer will be:
– Negotiate Contract Terms and Conditions both for materials and services
– Analyze supply routes, procurement spend and capability requirements and seek to introduce the most cost effective contracting route
– Use contracts to stimulate the potential for innovation, best practice ways of working and encourage mutually beneficial supplier relationships
– Prepare and issue Request for Proposal
– Evaluate competing offers and present recommendations to stakeholders
– Negotiate terms and conditions and competitive prices often against a background of demanding target savings and sole source suppliers
– Prepare bid evaluation reports, and in particular carry out Commercial Evaluation of tenders.
– Work with other stakeholders to create strategic sourcing arrangements in support of business objectives.
– Manage contracts and ensure delivery of performance and benefits.
– Manage key suppliers
– Monitor supplier performance and develop suppliers which can add value through continuous improvement and innovative solutions
You will be expected to deliver against multiple project plans, therefore you must be able to prioritize multiple demands with a proven ability to operate at pace in an entrepreneurial environment.
You will be able to build strong relationships with internal customers and have a collaborative approach with the ability to work cross functionally with colleagues across the business.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Results driven individual with strong analytical skills and a commitment to achieve the highest levels of success individually and for the team
- Negotiation skills
- Stakeholder management skills at all levels
- Attention to details
- Fluent in English and German
- Good knowledge of Office
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master’s Degree in Economics field – Business/Management.